We have no idea about the quality of the products that we consider to be very safe in our daily life. We only use it if we trust the brand or level of the product. Quality controller promotes our belief in a hundred percent. Over time, consumer interest and demand for high quality products has been increased. Based on that demand, there are many opportunities to build a career as a quality controller.
What is the quality?
Quality is the acceptable and desirable value of a product and the fault-free condition that is able to meet customer satisfaction and demand. Quality is required for both the buyer and the manufacturer. In other words, the quality of the product is considered as the quality of being consistent with the buyer’s desired needs.
Elements of Quality Control:
Elements of Quality Control are following:
Quality of product.
Quality of process.
Quality of Product: Quality of Product means – Appearance, Fabric, Design, Measurement, Stitching, Cleanliness, Presentation, Safety, Price, Easy availability.
Quality of process: Quality of process includes the following components:
Why quality control is needed?
- Accomplish the gratification of the purchaser or client.
- Ensure proper use of raw materials.
- Reduce defect rate and increase production.
- Maintain a good relationship between the buyer and the customer.
- Maintain the goodwill and reputation of the company.
- Reduce production costs and generate higher profits.
- To survive in a competitive market.
What problems can be as result of poor quality?
- Low quality product is not acceptable to the customer
- A certain quantity of goods cannot be exported at the given time
- If the defect is high, then production is reduced
- Time and money is wasted to correct low quality product defects
- Due to low production, it is not possible to make shipment at certain time
- Buyer imposes a fine due to defect and low quality product supply
- Customers do not have confidence to the company for supplying low quality products.
Who is a quality controller?
The way in which quality is assessed, controlled, verified and selected is called Quality Control. The quality control department’s job is to control the quality of the product. In generally, the positions in the Quality Control department are – Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Quality Inspector, Quality Supervisor and Quality Charge.
Quality controller in short is called QC in the garment industry. Factories are usually get order from the buying houses and liaison offices. However, some factories receive orders directly from the buyer. A QC or Quality Controller accurately understands the standard of clothing from the merchandiser. They monitor and regulate worker’s work to meet certain criteria such as clothing design, size, quality and accessories of that order. They are mainly performed by factory workers to maintain the quality of the clothing.
The responsibility of the quality controller
In the industry, the quality controller understands the specific values of the product from the higher authorities.
They monitor and control the worker’s work to meet certain criteria (such as product design, size, quality and accessories) of that order. They are the ones who perform the production of the product by the factory workers while maintaining the quality of the product. In more detail, a quality controller has to work responsibly from start to finish. The duties and responsibilities of the establishment from production to finish are:
- Taking steps and implementing necessary steps for proper production operations from start to finish.
- To test the quality of the products according to the sample.
- Whether a product error has occurred examine it repeatedly.
- If there is an error, then take steps to correct it quickly and implement it.
- After inspecting the product, prepare an accurate and quality inspection report and submit it to the senior officer.
- Regarding Quality Control, it is said that the brand value of the company depends on responsibility and duty conscious quality controller.
- The reporting boss has to report daily.
- The Quality Control In-charge performs the overall responsibility of the quality control or quality control department.
A person with a bachelor’s / master’s degree can build a career as a quality controller. However, some institutes prefer degree holders for certain positions. Such as Bachelors in Chemistry, Bachelors in Textile Engineering etc. A freshman graduate / postgraduate can be beginning career as intern, management trainee or junior assistant of quality controller. To be a Quality Control Supervisor and a Quality Inspector, you must at least pass the SSC.
Quality Control Officer:
A quality control officer, monitors and controls the work of the workers in accordance with the prescribed standards by the merchandiser, maintaining quality of the clothing performs dress making work by factory workers.
In what kind of organization does a Quality Control Officer work?
A Quality Controller works in various sectors of garment industry such as spinning mill, fabrication mill, dyeing mill, garment, knitting mill. From making yarn to washing the final product, quality control officers are required in each department.
What kind of work does a Quality Control Officer do?
- Keep in mind that the products are quality;
- Record the production process of all the products produced and verify the standards;
- Reduce the cost of production, reduce waste and make production more efficient;
- Finding out if there is a problem with the product;
- Taking steps to eliminate the problem if there is a problem with the product;
- Various types of tests to check the quality and preserving the results;
- Resolve complaints from customers and buyers;
- Ensuring sustainable product production;
- Manufacture the products according to the conditions and standards of the buyers;
- Modifying machine settings to produce quality products;
What Qualifications Does a Quality Control Officer Have?
If you are skilled and experienced in the work, you can work in this position with studying any subject. However, to get a job in a good institution, you need to have a bachelor’s / master’s degree in textile engineering. Even though have diploma degree in Textile Engineering / Management many company gives appointment. However, it is better to have a MBA degree if you want to work in higher positions.
What is the scope and field of work as a Quality Control Officer?
Quality control officers are required to control the quality of processes and products in all branches of other industries, including garments, spinning, fabric manufacturing, dyeing, knitting, printing. There are opportunities to work as Quality Control Officers in good quality salaries in the textile mills of big companies. As a Quality Control Officer, it is possible to become a Quality Control Manager within 3-5 years of joining the company. But in this case there are 2/3 more steps have to cross. If you work efficiently and have skilled in office management and executive work, then It is possible to work at the executive level in the company. If a quality control manager is qualified, then you can work for AGM or GM position in the company.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Quality In-charge?
The following duties should be performed as Quality In-Charges of a whole unit. The duties are described in consistently as follows.
1) Reporting Rules:
Every morning at nine in the morning, should informs unit’s quality status manager.
- Running style group.
- Production status.
- DHU and defective percentages of each line.
- Bayer in-line and final report.
- Summary of QA Hourly Report
- P meeting subject with P.P register.
- Special comments.
- Man power control.
- The Daily Plan.
- The new style will have to be approved.
2) Unit management:
- Each supervisor must explain his or her own work and understand the work successfully.
- You have to take responsibility for the success and failure of all sections of your unit.
- All sections of your unit (cutting, swing and finishing) must be provided manually.
3) Weekly meetings:
On the day of each week’s meeting weekly plan should be informed.
- Running buyers of the week.
- Total order quality of the week.
- PP meetings.
- Inspection date.
- Buyer inspector motivation plan.
- Weekly defect reducing.
- Root cause analysis if inspection fails.
If moisture is more than 65% then garment packed procedures:
- The measuring machine must be used to measure moisture.
- Of course after the cartoon is completed, the moisture must be checked before closing the mouth of the cartoon.
- The three levels of garment should measure the moisture content of the top, middle, bottom.
- Moisture must be checked at least once every day for each color of each order.
- In case of meter usage, the instructions should be followed by buyer, and if there is no instruction then the instructions mentioned above should be followed.
- It must be followed if there are any instructions on the customer regarding moisture.
- To measure the moisture of the garment, use a scale of 213.
Requirement of Quality Control Department:
- Must be interested to learning quality control.
- The visual power of the eyes should be good.
- Handwriting should be good.
- Everyone should have a mindset to work together.
- Have a good idea about mathematics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentage.
- Have a good idea about colors and shades.
- In spite of ignorance of the production staff, the Inspector believes to be consistent and displaying duties, knowledge and skills.
- Must have the ability to read a fraction of the measurement tape.
- Interested to protecting the reputation of quality products of the company.
- Demonstrate personal excellence in one’s work.
- When you see or hear something new, you should be interested in the details.
- Ability to understand common tasks through task monitoring and perform tasks very quickly.
Duties and Responsibilities of Cutting Quality Inspector:
- Checking lay and spreading quality
- Checking shading and marking of fabric defects during layering.
- Checking lay height and cutting quality.
- Check that the cutting panel is properly numbered and bundling. Checking the top, middle and bottom pie with a hard pattern.
- Inform to the supervisor and solve about the defect.
- The report must be properly reported to the supervisor.
- Properly checked fabric quality of 100% cut panel.
- Ensure that the defects are replaced from the roll of the same number. Printing parts should be checked according to color, size, measurement, printing position, spot and printing quality swatch.
- Embroidered parts stitching, measurement, position, thread color, broken, needle hole, loose / uncut thread checking.
- Make a report on everything and inform the concerned supervisor.
Duties and Responsibility of Finishing Quality Inspectors:
- Checking in-side and out-side of garments.
- Key points measurement and get up checked
- Checking the balancing of five points.
- Check whether the hangtags, poly and other accessories are ok according to the swatch board.
- Inform the supervisor about the defect.
- Keeping records of defective garments and making reports and notifying the relevant supervisor.
- Check whether the iron, get up, measurement and folding of garments are ok.
- Detecting and repairing defects and communicating to line quality inspectors and supervisors to prevent defects on the machine.
Quality policy enforcement processes:
- Must be present at the factory in time every day at workplace.
- Before leaving the machine, switch off the machine and leave the machine.
- Be careful when pouring machine oil into the machine.
- Before operating the machine, the machine must be cleaned.
- All workers will have to work while the ID card is displayed during the working hours.
- Machines must operate after the personal security will have to using.
- Collect new needle to replace broken needle from the store through the supervisor.
- Workers may not be able to move from one department to another during working hours.
- Always be disciplined and perform the factory rules.
- In case of any such complaint, he / she can place the complaint in the box, or complain directly to the compliance officer.
- Workers will not be able to behave in a disorderly manner which may disrupt factory chains and production.
- All issues need to be resolved through the participation committee.
- On the basis of the above principles, the workers will perform their daily activities.
- Follow a consistent approach to achieving social and environmental goals. The workers and employees who carry the responsibility.
- Establish a proper and effective management system in all internal departments and section.
- Qualifying customer satisfaction and trust
- Commit to the practice of the highest standards of conduct and ethics.
- Commitment to provide quality products and services for the continuous demand of quality products and the expected quality of the reputable buyers.
- Protecting customer satisfaction that is possible through concerted efforts.
- The goal of the management team is to encourage every employee to continuously promote the workforce and encourage them to promote the overall quality of the product by providing them with all kinds of support.
- Satisfied buyers and satisfied employees are a unifying force.
- Policy will be applicable to all level of officers / employees.
- Improving work environment to maintain employee satisfaction.
- Practicing environment friendly production methods.
- To ensure continuous product quality enhancement through regular training of staff.
- Improve skills in knitting, dyeing and finishing.
- Reduce remaking, cancel and Wastage.
There are several sections for producing quality products. To perform section based functions in a smooth and orderly manner in order to get a better idea, the policy is formulated.